I figured I would need a book to read on the road the next weeks, especially on monday’s 11 hour long bus trip to Sydney, so yesterday I went to one of the used bookshops in Camberwell to see if I could find a good one.
Browsing through dusty old bookshops, with nothing in particular on my mind is pretty enjoyable, just looking through shelves with hundreds of books I’ve never heard of. Sometimes there might be a special book I look for, but mostly I just browse randomly, looking for interesting titles or books from authors I’ve heard or read about somewhere.
My friend Kurt and I are going away from rainy and cold Melbourne to (hopefully) warmer climates for a couple of weeks. I’m starting monday (01/07) with the Firefly bus to Sydney, and will meet up with Kurt on the 2nd, after he’s been to Alice Springs. I skipped going to Alice because the trip would cost me about NOK 5000, which is way too much for me at the moment…
The trip will last about 3 weeks; first we’re spending some days in Sydney, then making our way along the coast to Brisbane. We’ll take the train or bus, or if we’re feeling very adventurous – renting a car. In Brissy we’ll meet up with Fredrik, who’s moving down under for studies. We’ll have plenty of time there, and will probably head out of town a a couple of days, maybe into the Great Dividing Range.
I’m really looking forward to this trip, as it’ll be my last chance to see more of this great country for a while, before heading back home in august, and it’ll be great to get away from the southern winter and get some sunshine and warmth. I can’t be coming back to Norway without a tan after staying 1½ years in Australia!
Here are some fantastic web animations I’ve noticed recently (mostly from B3ta!):
- Weebl And Bob – Bull. The latest in this wonderful series. They also have T-Shirts available!
- Cat Song – A cute japanese flash featuring a cat in a box.
- Chinko Anesan(?) – Another weird japanese animation featuring the cat, as well as some strange sexual ASCII art! I must learn Japanese…
- And then there’s Lumpy, of course.
Well, not until you own the MORBITEK ZOMBIFICATION RAY MK I!
If Global Domination is your business, then don’t pussyfoot around. Fear and intimidation can only go so far.
If you are a super villain, mad scientist, warlord, dictator, or despot, then Villansupply is the place for you.
In an email today:
DID YOU KNOW,….. THERE ARE CURRENTLY OVER 2 MILLION U.N. TROOPS (UNITED NATIONS; WHOSE GOAL IS TO CREATE A ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT) STATIONED IN THE U.S. AND THEY HAVE FULLY STOCKED ALL LAW ENFORCEMENT STORAGE FACILITIES WITH WEAPONS AND SUPPLIES. … A COMPUTER CHIP MANUFACTURER, HAS MASS PRODUCED MILLIONS AND ACTUALLY IMPLANTED A FEW PERSONAL RECOGNITION/TRACKING CHIPS (A.K.A THE MARK OF THE BEAST) INTO LUKIMIA AND OTHER MEDICAL PATIENTS TO TRACK THEIR WAREABOUTS. THEY CAN STORE ALL YOUR PERSONNAL INFORMATION ON THIS CHIP, USE IT AS A CREDIT CARD , AND MONITOR WHAT YOU BUY OR SELL. NOT TO MENTION THAT THE CHIP (WHICH THEY WOULD PLACE IN YOUR HAND, OR FOREHEAD, IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE) CAN BE TRACKED TO OVER 200 FEET UNDER THE EARTH’S SURFACE.
Looks like crazy christian conspiracy-theorists have some sense of humour anyway. This person could really need a good spell-checker though. And why is it that these conspiracies always originate in the US? Well, I thought this was one of the more insanely funny ones I’d read lately.
Read the rest of this madness.
Well, it’s about time I got this site off the testing stage. Not that there isn’t anything left to fix, but I need to start putting some content here instead of just fixing minor details all the time. Anyhow, here’s what’s new:
- The Gallery is up again, containing some new pictures as well. I’ve upgraded to version 1.3 and it looks like that fixed the PHP register_globals ‘bug’. Great work from the Gallery development-team.
- The weblog, powered by Moveable Type should be fully functional. But there’s still lots to do…
- The main pages should (hopefully) be compliant with the XHTML 1.0 standard. Alas, the Gallery is not, and this is outside my contol (they’ll fix this in version 2 I hope). The pages should look ok in all the major browsers (Opera 6, Mozilla 1.0, MSIE 6.0), but looks totally crap in Netscape 4.*. If you are stuck with this, sorry…
Still plenty to do though, and I hope to add some more pages to this site soon…